Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rain clouds

The weather in Sydney has been so unpredictable. 31 Degrees on the weekend, but only 21 degrees yesterday - Sunny with blue skies in the morning, thunderstorms with gail forst winds in the afternoon. This tumultuous weather pattern is similar to the ups and downs in my life at the moment. So quickly can a high change to a low.

A lot has happened over the last few weeks - thanks to my new “vision post-it” system. i.e. A smaller version of the vision board which is for short term goals. I went to my old Orthodontist last Saturday for a consult and had moulds of my teeth done up yesterday (Tuesday) for new retainers. (I am determined to achieve a great Hollywood smile and this time around, I’m going to do everything within my ability to retain it). I went to see Phantom of the Opera with Merv a few weeks back and am seeing Billy Elliott next Tuesday with Jen.

Next weekend is the Labour Day Long weekend and I’ve booked a room at this beautiful boutique hotel Bellacharra at Gerringong (recommended by Tracey) for three nights. It’s the first time Merv and I are going away together (alone) so that’s very exciting. More than anything, we both need to get away from the bustling city to clear our heads a bit. I think we’re both losing our perspective on the important things in life (the upshot of life in the corporate world) and we both need to get away from the hustle and bustle to refocus. I’m very much looking forward to the weekend – will post photos of the beautiful venue up in my next post.

Work is the main thing which has been dragging both Merv and I up and down on the emotional rollercoaster. For me, it is having to deal with internal work relationships. For him, it’s gaining acceptance that a career as a commercial lawyer might not be in the cards for him. It’s funny as everything else in our lives is blissfully beautiful and happy, but the one thing which means the least to us (in the larger scheme of things) successfully billows massive rainclouds over our party.

For me, time will resolve the internal work issues I’m confronting.

For Merv, I don’t know whether he’ll ever get over it. He’s trapped in an ongoing mental battle with himself.

I pray for our sake that he’ll come to a resolve sometime soon. His depressive state has put a freeze over all our plans – mainly, the next step moving forward in our relationship. Hopefully my next blog will boast more hopeful and optimistic news but for today, there are rain clouds in the sky.

No comments: