Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ups and downs

Life is going up and down very quickly at the moment. Moment of up when I was unexpectedly offered an awesome job, moment of down when I didn't get the job I thought I was destined for. Moment of up when I accepted awesome job. Moment of down when I had to put on the Manager hat and have a hard conversation with one of my staff...

And then an unexpected call at 5:19 from the Publisher of the Sydney Morning Herald, calling me to go to his office immediately for a meeting - a brainstorm to come up with an idea for the Sun Herald. I got to spend two hours witnessing the discussion between a Publisher, a Product Development Director and a traditional Sun Herald Editor who is adverse to change... And they wanted my input!

....Definitely an up.

Then a call to MP asking how his interview went and he said "it went ok". Translation - "It went freaking awesome!"

Very proud of him.

Life goes up and down. So when you're feeling down, just remember that the next "up" is just around the corner.
... But you'll miss it if you dwell on the down so chin up (i.e. change your physiology), shift your focus and be ready for the awesome "Up" to come.


No comments: