Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's all happening!

The last two weeks have been a manic train ride - peering through the train window you'd see all these new sites and scenery but the train has not paused long enough for you to really take in the specialness of the moments.

In a nutshell, the last few weeks have seen me meet up for a drink with Lisa, receive my first card orders, go see the Rocky Horror Show, have dinner at the never ventured 'Hillside' Pub for Ali Richard's birthday, farewell my old cadet friend (Rach) from Fairfax, sign up to pump classes (which has left my body aching like never before), and order a whole heap of white majestic envelopes - should see the order come in today.

Paper Keepsakes is the name I've decided on for my card making venture and so far, it's been quite the journey. Weekends have been spent at the papershop matching printed and plain cardstock, doing side trips to Spotlight for more ribbon and embellishments. It's been so much fun! And also reinforced how lucky I am to be able to do this on the side, with the day job covering the costs of metallic envelopes as oppose to plain white ones. My mind is abuzz with so many things to do - I have to reactive my ABN, register the business name, send in forms for a market stall at Kirribilli, organise leave to go to the Stitches and Craft Fair (Aug) and the Sydney Papercrafts Festival (Oct). So much to do in such a short space of time!

This weekend I have the work sales conference and next week is the Fairfax Ski Trip. July is just whizzing by with my birthday wedged somewhere in between. Then it'll be August and before long... Christmas! (Ooh, that reminds me... I have to start getting a Christmas card range ready!)

Yes it's all happening folks. This Paper Keepsakes journey has just begun!

No comments: