
It's Saturday morning and I've just woken from a 12 hour slumber.
12 Hours!
That's ridiculous! I went to bed at 9:45pm last night and woke up this morning at 9:30am. The awful thing is that I cut short date night which I was so looking forward to as I hadn't seen Merv since Monday's public holiday. I picked him up after work last night and we trekked out to Greenacre for Lebanese food. I'd had a craving for falafels from early in the week so we were both looking forward to 'Falafel Friday'. We were absolutely stuffed from dinner - where a normal couple would order one mixed plate to share, Merv and I ordered 2 (no sharing!). We headed back to his place after dinner and just collapsed. We were so stuffed! It was only 8:30pm but I was tired and uncomfortable due to the heat (It was another 30+ degree day in Sydney). He had suggestions for us to watch a movie but all I wanted to do was sit still with my eyes closed. So... I headed home.
Got home, grabbed a shower and then fell asleep.
It was an off night. My mind has been filled with loopy thoughts with our families having dinner together for the first time on Monday. As I promised not to talk to him about 'it', my thoughts are all bottled up in my head right now. That's probably the other reason why I left his place so early... I only have so much will power. But the weekend is only just beginning, who knows what surprises the next 2 days will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment