
It's been a while since I last posted. The last few months have flown by in a blur. Getting engaged, overseas holiday, looking for a home... everything has happened at lightning speed and it's only now that I've had a quiet moment to reflect.
The proposal happened the night before we flew out on Friday, 20th March 2009. No fireworks, no fairy lights. Just me and him, and his beautiful words. How it happened was beyond anything I could have imagined - let's just say that it was very befitting of Merv. He has made me the luckiest girl in the world.
Since that fateful night, things have changed so quickly. Our three week holiday to Hong Kong and Malaysia flew by. I met his extended family and he met mine. Since we've returned, we've both been thrown back into the daily stresses of our jobs, however, another milestone event which has happened/is happening, is that we may have found an apartment to set up house! It's all in early stages at the moment as it's an off the plan property which does not finish until October 2010...
... But it's perfect.
The location, the lucky apartment number, the beautiful display home, the timing - I'm watching my dream blossom into reality.
Merv is being his usual cautious and skeptical self which I've concluded is a good thing. I just pray that everything goes to plan.
I honestly do feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I know it's not just by chance that all this good fortune has come my way - Thank you God for everything you've given me.
The only thing that's getting me down these days has to do with work and the characters there. I know no one is inherently evil but my work environment really does bring out the worst in people, even myself. Every day as I enter through the circulating doors to work, I feel like I put on a mask, leaving the real "me" at the door. It's the only way to survive the ugly corporate world I spend 50 hours a week in.
My only wish is that God will be there to remind me of who I am in those moments where I subconsciously react untoward. I pray that he reminds me that those people who act maliciously, focusing more on their personal gains then the wellbeing of others, simply do not matter, as I admit I put too much time and thought into them.
I pray to God that he keeps me true, generous and kind. That he reminds me of who I am, reinforces my beliefs, and that he is there to support me when my belief and true self, falters.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment