Yes, resting... as if my dough has had so much hard work having been kneaded, mixed and beaten, it now needs 20 mins to rest before I can do anything with it.
But I am excited about my attempt at making a Mixed Berry Tart. For those who don't know me, I am an awful cook. Merv's the one who whips up meals of yumminess, but I am attempting to change all that before we move out. I have a year to become a MASTER Chef, and I am quite determined to succeed (for the sake of the hubby and kiddies to come.)
So tonight I'm trying the Raspberry Tart from Masterchef's Master class. Here's what it's suppose to look like -

And in 30 mins time, I will put a picture up of what mine looks like bearing in mind that:
1) Raspberries are not in season at the moment, They're costing $9 a punnet! And there are 3-4 punnets in this recipe. So I have had to use a cheaper (*cough* frozen *cough*) alternative.
2) This is only my third attempt at baking a sweet treat. The first were butter cookies (i.e. the easiest and simplest bake good on the planet. Impossible to screw up as it comprises of only sugar, eggs, butter and flour). The second was Baci cookies (which I overloaded with way too much sugar. Dad loved it. Mum almost threw up.) So this is only my THIRD attempt at baking a desert.
*30 mins later*
Here you go!

Not bad appearance wise. We'll see tomorrow when I cut it up for the Agency Team bake off, just how good/bad it tastes.
No comments:
Post a Comment