Thursday, March 10, 2011
Life will never be the same again. Life is Changing!
My belief in fate has been reinvigorated. Here's the story...
A week ago I get an excited call from my baby sis. Her lucky stars strikes again (she has a crazy track record of winning things) and this time around she has won a ticket to the Tony Robbins "Unleash the Power Within" seminar which was being held the following weekend. It's a four day seminar and she couldn't go as she could not take time off work, so she gave me the ticket. It was a busy work week ahead and things were piling up but the ticket was valued at $1000, and after a lot of mulling, I decided it's definitely one of those once in a lifetime opportunities I couldn't pass up. So I put my leave through, packed some muesli bars and off I went to Sydney Olympic park for four jam packed days (the schedule read 9am starts and finishing up at midnight).
On day one, to say that I walked in skeptical was a bit of an understatement. I arrived at SOP's Hall 2, registered, mulled around trying to look cool, calm and collected, as I sussed out the 3,500 other people who were trying to look cool, calm and collected before walking into a "WE NEED HELP" seminar. The suitcases at the back of the hall revealed that a lot of people had flow in for this seminar. My first thought that Jen couldn't have been that lucky, and there must have been heaps of other people here who'd gotten free tickets. I mean, who'd pay over $1000 (and they were the cheap seats) to come to a seminar?
Jen was damn lucky.
I didn't meet anyone else there who'd won a ticket. Everyone there had been looking forward to this and had scrounged up cash to come along. And after four days, I now know why.
Tony Robbins is a guy pumped full of energy, stamina and optimism. Over the four days, he didn't motivate us, but rather, made us look deeply into the things that were holding us back. The fears, the doubts, the worries - he stripped it all away and broke beliefs that had long resided within us. Long resided within me. I walked in the biggest skeptic and have walked out the biggest believer. I feel that I'm finally free of all the negative talk and the limiting beliefs which have bound me to a job I had long lost passion in and a lifestyle which was a routine. How did he do this? I don't want to sound like a cop out with the answer but, you really do have to go and experience it for yourself to find out how. I have tried explaining it to Merv and it has lead to disagreement and aggressive questions. He wants proof to believe. I have the proof I need, but I don't have the science he wants. You'll only get the proof through experiencing the journey yourself. Yes, it was only four days but it was a tremendous journey which has given me a new lease on life.
I've found the confident, passionate me that I had lost six years ago when I started life in the corporate world. Not saying that the last six years has been a mistake. Quite the contrary, the last six years has given me nothing but solid learning through experience. However, it has been through my Unleash the Power Within experience, that now enables me to bring back the Jacki that is full of heart, optimism and confidence. It is she who will be able to take the learnings and do outstanding things with life. The me last Thursday was but a shadow of me today.
How fast can things change?
*finger click*
Heartbeat.
Life will never be the same again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment