Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back on track

I'm a dreamer and I often stray off the beaten track of life.

The power of the mind is astounding and I find myself often in my own head delving deeply into weird and absurd thoughts. These thoughts in turn alters my perception of reality and it takes a weekend (and a conscious enforcement of a time-out) for me to get back on track.

Today (Sunday morning), I'm back on track.

Tomorrow, it starts all over again.

The past week has been manic. Meetings & client entertainment have filled up my diary. My parent's absence have me consistently thinking about what to cook? Chores that need to be done? With no AE or cadet for the past week, I've been doing three jobs at work having me staying back late and going home with work in my head. I subconsciously think about work as I eat, sleep and then 8 hours later, I'm back in the office.

I was lost this week - lost in my own thoughts, in the demands of work, in the responsibilities of playing house. I was functioning on auto-pilot.

But today, after a Saturday night to myself ("Me time" as I like to call it)... I'm back on track. I think that's the important thing - to stop, break out of your subconscious state and realise that you've wondered off the beaten track.

Today I'm back.

No comments: