It's been a great weekend.
Friday night was pizza at home and finishing off Matthew Reilly's 'Seven Ancient Wonders' (which quite literally played an action packed movie out in my head - loved it. )
Saturday was rearranging my desk space, mum coming back from her trip to HK, going on a date with Merv - Cracker Carnival, dinner and then skating at Macquarie.
Sunday (today) was a day at home - Merv came over after hockey to bum around and watch Indiana Jones I & II.
Now he's just left and it's almost dinner time.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened but it was the perfect weekend. To over analyse (as that's what we chicks do), what has been so different between this weekend and others, has been my state of mind. Mum returning has relieved a lot of the home bound pressures I had placed upon myself over the past 2 weeks. Elise is returning to work on Monday so I know she'll be there to take some of the load off my back. Merv and I had great conversations over dinner about our life together - where we'll potentially move to in a few years time? to rent or to buy? where would we meet people if we were to ever to break up? (lols)... and then being grateful that that's one thing we won't have to worry about.
My mind is at peace with the world this weekend and I'm happy. I hope everyone else had a great weekend too. (5 more sleeps till Friday and the start of the long weekend!)
No comments:
Post a Comment