I woke up this morning with a riddle in my head. I had images of a few friends from high school but I couldn't remember their names. Slowly they came to me, their first name and some of their last names but there was one particular girl who I was closest to within the group - the only one who understood me during a really awkward/emotional development phase in my teens - whom I just couldn't remember her last name. It really bothered me! It bothered me as I brushed my teeth, as I got dressed, as I ate breakfast... I couldn't even concentrate on the newspaper as I was running last names through my head. McMillan? Hutchinson? It was a long last name - three syllables, but I just couldn't work out.
I couldn't take it anymore - I needed to know! So I trawled through my cupboards in search of my high school diaries and year book. Within my graduation year book, I found it. Lisa F. I have such fond memories of her - she just got me. During a phase in life where everyone was ogling over boys and sex, Lisa and I use to be so enthralled in the mysteries of life. Star signs, horoscopes, analysing and over analysing characters and people - her thoughts were comfort food for my soul.
Unfortunately, I lost touch with all my friends from high school. As I joined the private girl school in year 10, I didn't have the strong rooted friendships that many had forged (some since kindergarten). I often do look back and regret not having have had tried harder throughout uni to keep in touch with my private high school friends, but as per previous posts, I am comforted in the thought that people come in and out of your life at different times for different reasons - that's just the nature of life energy flows.
I do however, believe that thoughts and ideas enter our heads to prompt action. I've had Lisa on my mind all morning, so I did something spontaneous - I googled and facebooked her. Unfortunately, nothing came up. Persevering, I then facebooked her best friend from high school, and found her instead. Trawling through her friends' list in search of Lisa - I finally found her! Lisa F. So I sent her a message, a funny, gawky, light hearted message signing off with a "Love a very old friend." I don't know whether she'll reply (it has been 8 years) and I think it's OK if she doesn't. I'm happy and content knowing that i tried my best to reforge an old friendship.
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment