It's been a great weekend of creating, pottering, cleaning, shopping, emailing friends and ticking things off the wedding do list. I visited Brides of Beecroft and tried on dress after dress after dress. It was a lot of fun but Ivory, Satin, Silk, Chiffon... in the end it all looked the same to me. Mum and Jen were quite exhausted by the end of it (god bless them for coming with me) and the whole experience made me realise that I can't be someone I'm not. Regardless of a beautiful lace dress looking fabulous or a frou frou Swarovski beaded dupiant silk dress fitting perfectly, I'm simply not that kinda gal. I think my final dress choice will very much reflect me.
Simple.
Classic.
Jacki.
This made the meeting with Helen Brown (the florist) today, quite effortless. I'm a classic girl who wants classic flowers. And what is the most classic flower for a romantic day?
Wedding planning to date has been relatively easy but that may be because I've got beautiful friends who've offered me fantastic recommendations. We're also fortunate enough to have saved up enough money to have the beautiful, classic wedding we envision. I know, I'm a very lucky girl.
I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow but holidays are only 4 days away! I'm taking the week off for Easter which means 10 easy days much like today. (yes, very VERY lucky)
No comments:
Post a Comment