Thursday, May 12, 2011

All good things must come to an end

... Not true. It's just a matter of perspective.

For everything happens for a reason. When one door closes, another one opens, and at the end of the day... everything always works out.

"It's all good."

I came to a big realization today when I was doing Tony's quick goal setting exercise. I was trying to write down what would success look like. What would my home look like? What would I be doing with my career? With my personal time? What kind of people would I be surrounded with? What would I be eating? What would my life look like If I achieved all my dreams?

Things I had written down in a manic rush (as I was not allowed to think about it) include being healthy, living in a house that has been completely paid off, doing a job I enjoy. Maybe running my own successful business. Spending time with my family. Lunching with mum and the kids I have yet to have. Crafting and creating. Having financial freedom.

Looking at the short list, I realized something...

I'm there.

Well, maybe not 100% there, but I lead a life which very closely resembles that. I'm on my way to paying off Little Pymble. I'm relatively healthy. I have a secure job which I don't completely enjoy but it pays me decent money and enables me to go home at 5:30-6pm every day. I have dinner with my family every week. I have the financial freedom to buy bobbins and sign up for crazy classes such as bookbinding. Kids have still yet to come but that'll only be a matter of time...

By my definition... I have succeeded!

Why haven't I seen this?

What then, am I searching for?

No comments: