MP and I went for a walk around our area last Saturday morning and I finally got the chance to go into the Red Cross shop across the street. As I was tinkling around with old glass wear and thumbing through the rails of musty clothes, one of the little old ladies who worked at the store directed me to a hidden cupboard full of donated fabric. There for a dollar, I found some black wadding fabric... perfect for an iPad cover!
I got the sewing machine from my mother's house yesterday and after a delicious home made pizza last night, I sat down for an hour until... Ta da! I have an iPad case.
The button was from my buttons jar and the elastic was literally, the one I had around my wrist at the time. So this padded case cost me $1! ...So proud considering I was planning to pay USD$90 for a beautiful leather crafted one from Etsy. Although, this is nothing like the stunning leather crafted sleeve (which in my opinion would have been worth every dollar) but the fact that I made it myself, makes it even better.
I also got the chance to make my cushion cover this week. Ta da!




No comments:
Post a Comment