Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Staycation - Day 10

A wonderful end to our Easter Staycation. MP and I got up at 6:30am and set off for our long drive down South to the beautiful town of Berry. After being stopped at every traffic light, a spontaneous route change, an encounter with the boys in blue (luckily not getting my drivers license suspended) and a fortunate park spot, we made it to Berry Markets!

Since briefly stopping at Berry on our way back from a weekend away at Gerringong last year, it was love at first sight and I had been meaning to go back. It's a beautiful little town and their monthly markets are a treasure trove filled with beautifully handcrafted woodworks, homely crafts, delectable baked goods, and the unmistakable market aromas of fresh coffee and handmade soaps. Hand in hand, MP and I trawled through the stalls and picked up pots of fresh herbs, a wooden chopping board, and (my big jackpot purchase of the day) a beautiful handcrafted wooden treasure chest complete with lock and key. It's exactly what I was looking for for the reception wishing well and I got the man to knock off $30 for it. (Score! Pictures of the chest to come.)

All in all, I had a great time at the market. Frank and Sarah came shortly after and we had a scrumptious lunch down at the infamous Sourdough Bakery. I was treated to a duck salad with poached pears, hazelnuts and rocket, whilst MP had the quail. However, as there was a mix up with the orders (i.e. the table next to us received our order), MP's lunch came much later then the rest of ours and he got his lunch free. (Double Score!)

It was a very eventful day out at Berry. A terrific way to end the Easter Staycation. Tomorrow is back to work but there's a clear purpose to work now. The same purpose as always, but that I had forgotten.

Work enables more staycations like this one. Where we are able to do whatever we want without being hindered by time or money. To be able to stay up late at night watching endless episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and wake up to timeless mornings. Going out and spending freely. Nothing outside our means but not having to counting pennies.

That freedom is the sole reason for working. I'm awfully lucky and I often take that for granted. Thank you dear Staycation for reminding me.

I look forward to work tomorrow.

No comments: