This new frame of mind is working... It's week 2 of being back at work and I had a relatively good hump day!
By stripping away all the negative, worrisome and unproductive thoughts that use to consume my mind and cause me to spiral into a deep state of self doubt and negativity... I just do what needs to be done. It sounds so simple but it's taken 9 months of a miserable work life, a four day inspirational Tony Robbins seminar (and further reminders from his NLP audio tapes), a 10 day Staycation and the possibility of being made redundant, in order for me to get to this stage.
I have simply shifted my focus..
Over the last week and a half, I've stopped focusing on work. Instead, i have been focusing on me. Things which are important to me such as spending time with the people I love, looking into developing my hobbies, thinking of ways to make our house beautiful, and thinking of ways in which I can help a stranger...
Just by shifting my focus, everything has changed.
I'm still working, and being productive whilst I'm at work, but I'm also making time for the things which are important to me. Me as Jacki Wong. Me as a human being. At the end of the day, work doesn't matter. I do.
So far, I have signed up for a bookbinding course and have gotten in contact with some lovely lacemakers who have put me on the beginners track to learning the beautiful craft of lacemaking. I'm so excited about this new craft journey! (I think I've gotten a bit obsessive.)
Next, I need to start taking better care of myself. No more chips and m&ms after dinner. I need to stop feeding my body junk and start exercising regularly.
Tomorrow is a new day. It will begin tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment